Six steps in selecting a promotional strategy:
* Determine marketing goals and objectives
* Set promotional objectives.
* Determine the promotional budget.
* Create the message.
* Select the media.
* Evaluate the results.
* Promotional objectives
Promotional objectives flow from previous marketing decisions about the product, target segment, image and knowledge of the competition.
* Decide whether the message is persuasive, informational, image building, or a reminder.
* Outline exactly what you want the advertising program to accomplish. Mention a specific target market and a time frame to achieve it.
Promotion seeks to inform, remind, and persuade target customers about the organisation and its products. Like other marketing objectives, promotion objectives should be stated clearly and specifically and a time frame should be given for their accomplishment. Otherwise, there is no basis for determining when to begin an evaluation of promotional effectiveness or on what bases to evaluate performance.