Reasons Products fail
* Marketers assess the marketing climate inadequately.
* The wrong group is targeted.
* A weak positioning strategy is used.
* A less-than-optimal “configuration” of product or service attributes and benefits is selected.
* A questionable pricing strategy is implemented.
* The advertising campaign generates an insufficient level of new product/new service awareness.
* Cannibalisation depresses corporate profits.
* Over-optimism about the marketing plan leads to a forecast that cannot be sustained in the real world.
* The marketing plan for the new product or service is not well implemented in the real world.
* The marketer believes that the new product and its marketing plan has died and cannot be revived, when, in fact there is the potential for resurrection.